Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Through Death's Door

In the dark I sit alone
And dream of things I've never known
Of grass of green and sky of blue
But most of all I dream of you

Through my door your soul did flow
What brought you hear I'll never know
I felt your warmth as you drew near
And knew at once you felt no fear

I weighed your heart against my own
And saw it plummet like a stone
So I drank your dreams as is my due
And feared what life had done to you

Your dreams were dark and filled with pain
Of broken bones and endless shame.
But still the kindness inside your soul
Had sought a love you'd never know

So a second chance I gave to you
To find a love and know its true
And through my door your soul did fly
To not return until you die

But as time does pass I feel your dreams
The pain you feel is calling me
I can not sit here any more
And so I step beyond my door

No comments: